- The Assam government is set to launch a new scheme called "Mukhyamantrir Atmanirbharshil Asom Abhiyan".
- This scheme aims to provide financial assistance to young individuals in new era of empowerment and self-reliance.
- The ambitious scheme provides financial assistance of Rs.2 Lakh each to two lakh deserving young individuals.
- It was announced by the Chief Minister of the State through a video conference with Chief Secretary and senior officials.
- The registration process for the program is scheduled to commence on 23-24 September, 2023.
- Selected beneficiaries are to be trained for a month, for which they will receive a stipend of Rs.10,000.
- The scheme aligns with the government's aim to empower and support the youth of Assam in becoming self-reliant.
Source - Economic Times