- The 15th edition of Kathakar will be inaugurated by Shri Kiren Rijiju, Union Minister of Law and Justice and Smt Meenakshi Lekhi, Minister of State for External Affairs and Culture
- This year Kathakar partners with Ministry of Culture under Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav and the event will take place at Amphitheatre Central Vista India Gate as Kalanjali.
- The storytelling sessions will be held at Sunder Nursery, Heritage Park in Delhi and at Central Vista, India Gate
- The festival will showcase in its pristine physical form amazing stories and music by Indian and International storytellers from seven countries—United Kingdom; Australia; Mongolia; Israel; Sierra Leonne; Korea; and India.
- The art of storytelling in India has many forms and utilizes many mediums.
- Despite differences in settings, genres, or cultures, all stories ultimately aim to convey something universal.
- They serve both an educational and entertainment purpose for audiences.
- It's clear that different sections of India's culture has its own distinct approach to storytelling
- Puppets, dance, or even musical instruments are used as props to help the narrator make storytelling more impactful. Hence, Kathakar, the sole celebration of India's rich oral storytelling tradition, which was started under the umbrella of Ghummakkad Narain Travelling Literature Festival was launched in 2010.
- Kathakar 2022—a marquee event to revive the traditional style of storytelling in a world dominated by hi-tech gizmos and gadgets—will thus feature professional and passionate storytellers from the country and abroad who will showcase their mesmerizing craft to underscore the fact that storytelling cuts across all boundaries of language and culture
Kathakar- Ministry of Culture partners with Kathakar under Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav to take storytelling among the people.
Ministry of Culture partners with Kathakar under Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav to take storytelling among the people. Best IAS is a platform for cureent aff