22nd Law Commission
- The Centre constituted the Law Commission of India with Justice (retd) Rituraj Awasthi, former Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court, at its head.
- Law Minister Kiren Rijiju tweeted that the other five members on the panel would be former Kerala High Court judge Justice K T Sankaran, M Karunanithi, and law professors Anand Paliwal, D P Verma, and Raka Arya.
- The Law Commission of India had been remaining vacant since August 31, 2018, after the retirement of the Chairperson of the 21st Commission, former Supreme Court judge Justice BS Chauhan
- The 22nd Commission was constituted two and a half years after it was approved by the Union Cabinet in2020.
- The Commission headed by Justice Awasthi is the 22nd Law Commission of India.